Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding > Destination Wedding Photographer
One of our fans on Facebook asked if anyone had any tips for planning a destination wedding? So we contacted a couple of our brides that we have traveled with in the past and asked them about their experience.
Here are some of their suggestions;
1. Find out what the weather is like where you are going. This will definitely help you choose the time of year you decide to go. You definitely don’t want to show up during hurricane season.
2. Use a travel agent. They can usually find you competitive rates that are comparable to what you can find online, especially for groups. Also you will have guests with special requests, dates etc and you won’t have to worry about this yourself as your travel agent will take care of it. They will also be able to take care of any last minute changes or emergencies for you.
3. Check to see what languages you can have your ceremony in. Some places require it to be conducted in the native language of the country you are visiting. Also some countries require you be at the location a certain number of days before they can legally marry you, so it is good to look into this too.
4. Bring a portable steamer for your dress and bridesmaid’s dresses. They can be bought at WalMart or Target and are not overly expensive. This could be included with your destination package but if not there can be a lot of unnecessary charges associated with this.
5. Lastly, include bug spray in your guest’s welcome bags. Sand flies love tourists and won’t discriminate between expensive resorts and mid range ones. Also have some after bite handy too.
Hopefully these quick little tips help you in planning your destination wedding. We have a special site dedicated to travel so we welcome you to check it out off our main site and if you love to travel check out our referral site where you could earn airfare for two anywhere Air Canada flies.
Jeremy & Jennifer
Destination Wedding Photographer
JM Photography offers Calgary brides the very best in wedding photography! Our unique style and best in class experience is one of a kind. Each wedding is treated with the greatest of care and creativity, resulting in breathtaking imagery. We also offer Calgary newborn photography, capture maternity sessions as well as family portraits.
One of the top studios in Western Canada, servicing the Calgary area, including but not limited to, Canmore, Banff, Cochrane, Chestermere, Airdrie, Lethbridge, and Red Deer. We also offer coverage in Edmonton, Vancouver and to destinations worldwide.
Want to share in the experience? Contact us today for a free consultation or to book a portrait session!
Images by Calgary Wedding Photographers JM Photography © 2014